Thursday 29 January 2015

Why e-books are here to stay

The subject of e-books can spark fierce debate – are they ‘proper’ books? I have heard people suggest that they are not ‘proper’ because they are not physical items, although you hear such comments less and less as it becomes clear that this is no flash in the pan.
Personally, I love hardcopy books and I love e–books (some of my own works are hardcopy and e-books and my company also publishes some authors ourselves using the technology) and for me each is as legitimate as the other. What's more, e-books are allowing some brilliant new talent the chance to be published for the first time.
But for me, the clincher is stats like this one: AllBrain's recent survey of the Italian book market estimates that Italian e-book sales nearing €60 million and due to grow 30-40% in 2015.
If that’s where the market is, then so must be the book…
 
John Dean
 

No comments:

Post a Comment